Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog & Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration Use Case
Please join us for our first in-person (& online) Databricks session in a long time. During this session, we will cover two different topics:
1. Vinny Vijeyakumaar from Databricks will talk to us about “Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog”
2. Deon Jacobs from Data-Driven will walk us through a customer use case: “Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration”
- Start with 30min of networking
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Quick introduction
- Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog
- Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration (Use-case)
6:30 – 7:00 PM
- Networking with pizza & drinks
Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog
Governance and reliable data asset management are key to a successful Lakehouse strategy.
Today we’ll learn how Unity Catalog brings enhanced security to your data lake + warehouse, and introduces nifty productivity tools such as lineage tracking
• Unified governance across Databricks Workspaces
• Take the guesswork about data through Lineage reports
• Democratise data through better Data Discovery
• See what the roadmap holds
Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration
Presentation of a real customer Databricks implementation with the migration of existing R Jobs used by the Data Science team.
Key customer benefits showcased:
• Easy to migrate and maintain R Jobs logic previously implemented
• Remove SQL constrains
• Increase team collaboration
• Ability to expand the Data Science Team
• Increase the team reporting capabilities
Vinny consults with businesses big & small on maximising value from their data. Vinny has been in the data space for 15+ years. His data experience has taken him from scaling MySQL databases for startups, driving Google Analytics adoption in Southeast Asia, running analytics consultancies, being a smart analytics specialist at Google Cloud, and now building out Lakehouses with Databricks. Come say hi, as Vinny is always up for a chat on how to make data & ML as effortless as possible!
Deon has a proven track record of translating business concepts into production deployments across a broad range of vertical markets.
With his strong engineering background, Deon uses a first principles approach to confront business problems in a logical and ordered manner. Deon is a highly motivated and personable individual, who enjoys seeing businesses realize their digital transformation objectives.
Data-Driven provides tailored end-to-end consulting services and solutions to help businesses transform their data into actionable insights and drive their business decisions.