About the job
We are looking for an experienced Azure Software Engineer who wants to join our fast-growing Data and Analytics consultancy. You can be based anywhere in Australia and it’s usually 99% WFH (occasionally a client will want to meet with us).
At Data-Driven we help businesses navigate the complex data landscape and unlock the value that their data holds using advanced analytics. We have a strong track record of successful solutions and happy customers, and we don’t cut corners! We have been around for 3.5 years and have a great portfolio of private and government customers. We are 1 of only 10 companies in Australia (and 1 of 85 in the world) to have achieved the Microsoft Advanced Specialisation in Analytics on Azure.
As a startup, you will learn more in a year than in your whole career. Career growth opportunities are massive as we are scaling up quickly.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who gets excited talking about data or cloud tech
- Someone who believes in Occam’s Razor
- Someone who is smart, likes learning and takes ownership
Required Skills (at least 2+ commercial experience – this is a mid-level role)
- Solid OOP and Software Engineering sills
- Data Engineering skills (ADF, Synapse, Python, ETL concepts, data pipelines etc)
- Azure Data Architecture (PaaS, Serverless etc)
- SQL / Data Modelling
- Ability to talk to customers and understand business requirements
Bonus Points for
- Software Engineering background
- Prior consulting experience
Perks of working at Data-Driven:
- Work from Anywhere in Australia – Flexibility Policy – No more office!
- 1 additional day of leave for every year you have been with us
- 5 additional days paid leave for certifications / training / events
- Share in Company Profit each year
- Access to some of the smartest minds in the business as well as our digital training library
- Mentorship Program with a personalised career plan
- The opportunity to take the role in the direction of your choosing (We are a growing startup so there’s no ceiling)
- Note: We do have an office in Sydney CBD if you do want to go in… it’s up to you!
What is it like working at Data-Driven?
We are building a diverse and inclusive company culture where people and ideas can grow. We hire adults and value autonomy, transparency and innovation. We believe that our people are our most valuable asset and understand that life is complicated; hence we offer flexibility to help achieve a healthy work-life balance.
As Microsoft and Databricks Partner, we are known in the market for our technical expertise and high standards. For more info see https://data-driven.com and our Azure cost-optimisation tool – https://cloudmonitor.ai