Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog & Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration Use Case
A big thank you to Vinny Vijeyakumaar from Databricks and Deon Jacobs from Data-Driven for a great presentation at the first in person Sydney Databricks meetup last July 14, 2022.
What was covered:
- Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog – Learn how Unity Catalog brings enhanced security to your data lake + warehouse and introduces nifty productivity tools such as lineage tracking.
- Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration – Presentation of a real customer Databricks implementation with the migration of existing R Jobs used by the Data Science team.
Vinny consults with businesses big & small on maximising value from their data.
Vinny has been in the data space for 15+ years. His data experience has taken him from scaling MySQL databases for startups, driving Google Analytics adoption in Southeast Asia, running analytics consultancies, being a smart analytics specialist at Google Cloud, and now building out Lakehouses with Databricks. Come say hi, as Vinny is always up for a chat on how to make data & ML as effortless as possible!
Deon has a proven track record of translating business concepts into production deployments across a broad range of vertical markets.
With his strong engineering background, Deon uses a first principles approach to confront business problems in a logical and ordered manner. Deon is a highly motivated and personable individual, who enjoys seeing businesses realize their digital transformation objectives.
Download the Slides
Fill in the form below to download the goodies…
- Enterprise Governance on Data Lake with Unity Catalog & Databricks Implementation with R Jobs Migration Use Case - July 20, 2022
- Data-Driven recognised as the 2022 Microsoft Partner of the Year Finalist - July 6, 2022
- Azure Governance — The Importance of Azure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) - May 25, 2022